Friday, December 9, 2011

The first response from Eric

Today I received an email thread intended for Eric the author. Apparently he is on another book tour.


From: Gloria
Subject: Eric Weiner concerned about possible late arrival
Carol,

What should I tell Eric?  I think I'm up and about later than you might be, perhaps he could call us if he is late.

gloria
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eric Weiner
Subject: Re: ring the front door bell
To: Gloria
Gloria,
Okay, I will. I'm sorry about my late arrival...it was unavoidable, given my book tour schedule and the West Coast flights. What should I do if my flight is delayed and get in after, say, 11:00 p.m.? I'd hate to disturb Carol. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Eric
---------- Replied message ----------
From Gloria
To: Eric Weiner
Eric,

Carol Beebe will stay up for your arrival.  You should ring the front door bell.

I just wanted to explain that the locks for the downstairs where you will be staying are very confusing, so Carol likes to show each guest how to use the keys.   That's why I was concerned about someone being there when you got there.

Looking forward to your visit with us.

gloria

Only difference is this time when I replied and CC'ed the author, he replied with a "Thank you." Nice to know the past emails I've forwarded went somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment